spacer.png, 0 kB
Home arrow Resources arrow Self-Help Centers
spacer.png, 0 kB spacer.png, 0 kB




Winnebago County and Boone County Self-Help Centers Print E-mail

Our Legal Self-Help Centers make available correct and current information on Illinois law and court proceedings.   A navigator may be present to assist individuals with using the available computer and print resources during courthouse busines hours. Assistance is available on a number of topics including: Orders of Protection, Divorce, Paternity, Small Claims, Foreclosure, Evictions, Change of Name, and Child Support.

Be advised, Navigators and employees of the Circuit Clerk’s Office cannot give out legal advice or tell you which forms to fill out.

Visit one of our self-help centers in person or use our ONLINE SELF HELP CENTER.

Winnebago County Self-Help Center 
Winnebago County Courthouse
400 West State Street, Room 304 (inside the law library)
Rockford, Illinois 61101
Navigator's hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday 
Boone County Self-Help Center 
BooneCounty Courthouse
601 North Main Street  (inside the law library)
Belvidere, Illinois 61008
Navigator's hours: 10:00am to 2:00pm Monday through Friday    

 Ask the Court Nav[igator]! A new service offered during the Covid-19 Pandemic.

To get help from the Self Help Center remotely, send your questions to This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Questions will be answered during normal business hours. The Self Help Legal Center provides general information about the legal system- like defining common legal words, identifying what types of forms to use, or generally explaining how the court process works. We can also refer you to legal resources or aid groups that may be able to provide you free or low cost help. If you need a foreign or sign language interpreter to use while in court, we can help find you one too. We cannot provide legal advice. This means we cannot tell you if you should bring a case to court or if the judge will rule in your favor.  If you need this type of help, consider getting a lawyer. We cannot represent you nor can we refer you to an attorney. 


spacer.png, 0 kB
spacer.png, 0 kB
spacer.png, 0 kB
spacer.png, 0 kB
spacer.png, 0 kB