The Sheriff’s Office of each county provides courthouse security and screens court patrons at each entrance.
Please see the lists below for examples of items that should not be brought into court facilities.
Winnebago County Court Facilities – Prohibited Items:
- Pepper Spray
- Aerosol Spray
- Cutting Blades (of any size)
- Multi-tools of any Style
- Wallet Chains
- Metal Chains with heavy links
- Food and or Drinks*
- Camera Devices/Recording devices of any type
- Any and all items of a questionable nature and or purpose of use may be refused entry
- Prohibited items must immediately be removed from the county facilities to a secure place.
*Vending machines are located on the Lower Level of the Winnebago County Courthouse and on the 2nd Floor of the Winnebago County Criminal Justice Center.
Boone County Courthouse- Prohibited Items:
- Food & Drinks
- Backpacks (unless small and its use is similar to a purse or diaper bag)