18.01 Boone County - Judicial Assignments
- Judges C. Robert Tobin, Ryan A. Swift, and Stephen E. Balogh are assigned full-time to Boone County. Judge Janet R. Holmgren is assigned part-time to Boone County.
- Criminal case matters shall be subject to the following procedures:
- Upon case filing, new felony cases shall be assigned to Judge C. Robert Tobin. Upon case filing, new misdemeanor matters unassociated with any felony matter will be assigned to Judge Ryan A. Swift.
- Felony cases shall be considered "placed on the trial call of the trial judge" when the parties are first informed of the judge to whom the case is assigned in open court, including at bond court ;
- A date for the next hearing will always be set each time a matter is before the court, unless an active warrant has been issued for the defendant named on the case; and
- All jury weeks shall be posted and available on the 17th Circuit’s website.
In addition to the above assignments, the chief judge may also assign any circuit or associate judge to any individual case or call as the chief judge deems appropriate.
Back to the Top